Soya Beans (Huang Dou) 500g
Soya Beans are a species of legume native to East Asia, widely grown for their numerous uses. Soya beans are high in protein and are used as a vegetarians and lactose alternative. They are the basis of soya milk, tofu, miso and lots of other foods. The beans are high in protein, vitamins, minerals and fibre.
A 100g serving of soya beans contains: 173 calories, 17g protein, 1g fat, 10g carbohydrate and 6g fibre.
Soya Beans are a species of legume native to East Asia, widely grown for its numerous uses. The soybean plant is native to China, where it has been cultivated for over 13,000 years. The Chinese regard it as a necessity of life. They come in a variety of colours such as green, yellow and black. The texture is so adaptable that the beans are frequently processed into a variety of foods.
Soya beans are high in protein and are used as a vegetarian and lactose alternative.The beans are consumed in lots of ways – roasted, sprinkled with salt and boiled. When eaten fresh, soya beans can be an alternative to meat. They are the basis of soya milk, tofu, miso and lots of other foods. They are also known as Edamame beans in China and Japan.
Soybeans are so adaptable that they can be eaten with meat, fish or a vegetarian substitute.
Here are some meal ideas using the soya bean:
- Lemon cod with basil bean mash
- Chicken, edamame and ginger pilaf
- Tofu, greens and cashew stir-fry
- Miso steak
Soya Bean Benefits
Soya beans are known for being extremely high in protein, vitamins, minerals and fibre. There are also a lot of other benefits that you may not be aware of.
- Soy is a good substitute for milk in infant feeding formulas. The calcium content in soybeans helps to build and develop strong bones and teeth making it a good alternative to cow’s milk.
- Soya bean contains lecithin which is a vital nutrient for the brain. Consuming soybeans can help patients suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
- Consuming the beans will make you feel good on the outside as well as the inside. Soybeans help moisturise the skin, reduce the visible signs of ageing, strengthen nails and make your hair smooth, soft and shiny.
Weight 0.511 kg Weight